Friday, August 24, 2007

End of August Round Up

We are at last able to pick tomatoes every day this week! This is what it is all about. This year is still disappointing as we haven't been overcome by the tomatoes, but I suppose we might be enjoying a little more variety.Today for lunch I made this orzo salad to feature almost all of the varieties of tomatoes we have this year. I kept meaning to go out and check the tags to provide an accurate accounting but that was hard to do, considering the plants have all grown and the tags lost or hard to find. Maybe during clean-up, I'll be able to record them.

Featured are (these names aren't exact but maybe close): Mr. Green Stripey, Early Girls, Lemon Boys, Sweet Millions, yellow pear, and I forget what else. (Baby zucchini from farmer's market; garbanzos, onions, and mint from the grocery, and basil from the garden!) It was very good.

Other things we've been enjoying:

No comments: